Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ryan Reynolds: Healthy Eating Hero

Inspired by my good friends at The Unibrain, I dug out the May 2009 issue of Men's Health featuring His Royal Hotness Ryan Reynolds on the cover.

Ignoring the short (and inexplicable) period of time I confused him with Jason Lee, I've always been a fan of RR. I've followed him since his Two Guys, A Girl and A Pizza Place days, and I even stuck with him through the unfortunate dark period I like to call Alanis Morrisette.

To be fair, I'm no way near The Unibrain's #1 Fan status but he is (as of now when I thought of it) Diet Another Day's first-ever Healthy Eating Hero. Let me share these choice moments from his Men's Health interview:
  • 'I attribute my results mostly to good nutrition.'
  • Ryan doesn't have a personal chef, so he cooks meals in advance. For instance, for breakfast he'll make a large supply of steel-cut oatmeal and freeze it.
  • 'If you hate your workout you're not going to do it.'
  • 'Never do any of that carve-starve crap'
  • Reyonlds is a big believe in the motivational value that having a training partner can bring.
  • Ryan ran the New York City marathon last year in order to raise money for Michael J Fox's foundation for Parkinson's disease, a condition his own father suffers from.
Bless. It seems we are so on a shared wavelength he could practically author this blog. We should listen to him. He's fit and his abs are as steel cut as his oats. Exhibit A:

Did I also mention he's not American but Canadian and he and a mate once did a 2-week trip up the east coast of Australia, from Sydney to Brisbane (via the Blue Mountains and Byron Bay), on a motorcycle.

Yep, me and him and The Unibrain = definitely could be friends.

At left: BONUS RR Men's Health cover.

http://www.ew.com/ew
www.theunibrain.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am only a recent convert to the hotness that is Ryan Reynolds but these pictures - oh. my. god.